Browsing Category

SugarPea Designs

SugarPea Designs

Cuddly Cacti

Hi there! Today I’ve got a card to share using the cute Cuddly Cacti stamp set from SugarPea Designs. One of my goals this year is to participate in challenges on the various stamp company blogs, so I made this one for the SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge #51 .

Here is the sketch and color combo from their blog:

 

This really was a challenge to try to use both and I love how it turned out!

 

 

I started by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using an MFT die and taping off lines with 1/2″ wide drafting tape. I then inked the 3 lines using Distress inks in Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone and Tumbled Glass. As you can see, I didn’t follow the sketch precisely, but used it as a jumping off point.

I colored up the images with Copics and cut them with the coordinating dies. I found an old PTI patterned paper in my stash that really worked nicely to bring the color combo together. Love when that happens!

The sentiments from this set are really clever and this one was perfect for the “mood” of the color scheme.

Hope you enjoyed and if you don’t already participate in challenges, just do it! It’s really fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

SugarPea Designs

Thanks a Bunch

Hi there! My card today features the “Chunky Monkey” stamps from SugarPea Designs. I’ve been taking a class from Kit and Clowder on coloring animals and decided to play around with creating some fur texture on these little guys. These images are a little small to use the fur technique with, but I invested quite a bit of time coloring them, so I thought they should make an appearance on a card.

I kept the design of the card simple with lots of white space to really make the monkeys the main focus.

I started by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using the largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackable. Then, I die-cut this piece using a My Favorite Things Stitched Dome Stax die.

I stamped the sentiment from this stamp set, applied dimensional foam tape to the back of this piece and adhered it to my card base.

I Copic airbrushed the Dome die-cut with Y11, Y15, G20, and G43 and adhered this piece inside the white cardstock on the card base.

 

 

I colored up all of the images and die-cut them using the coordinating dies to this set. I used dimensional adhesive on the areas of the images inside the dome shape and liquid adhesive where they are adhered to the white cardstock.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!