I’ve got a cute friendship card to share today using the Clucky Chickens Stamps. Fast food chicken restaurants inspired my color scheme today but, shhhhh… Don’t tell these chickens!
I started this A2 card by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock with a Stitched Rectangle Die. I then inked the inside of the Woodgrain Embossing Folder with Lost Shadow Distress ink and embossed the die-cut rectangle.
Next, I die-cut the center portion of the Frilly Frames Hexagon Die from white cardstock and inked it with Lost Shadow Distress ink. I cut the hexagon pattern from the cardstock, adhered it to the left half of the stitched rectangle and trimmed the excess from the outside edges. I then repeated this on the right half of the stitched rectangle. Before I adhered the stitched rectangle to the card front, I die-cut a 5 1/2″ long piece of black cardstock using the ribbon die from the Ribbon & Lace Border Dies and adhered the stitched rectangle slightly overlapping the ribbon piece. I trimmed the excess black ribbon piece along the right and left edges of the stitched rectangle and adhered the combined piece centered on the card front.
For my chicken scene, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock with the largest Stitched Rectangle Die. With the die-cut rectangle placed horizontally, I taped the second largest Stitched Rectangle Die vertically across the piece and die-cut it again. This gave a stitched edge to all sides. I then masked off a horizon line 1 1/2″ from the top edge and lightly inked the sky with Fossilized Amber Distress ink. I removed the masking tape and lightly inked the ground with Antique Linen Distress ink. I stamped a sentiment from the Clucky Chickens Stamps in the top right corner making sure to leave enough room for the chicken coop.
I brought my red and yellow color scheme together with the help of 2 borders on each side of the center panel that I die-cut using the ribbon die from the Ribbon & Lace Border Dies. I overlapped each piece and adhered them to the back of the center panel trimming the excess from the top and bottom edges. I then adhered the combined piece to the center of the card front.
To finish, I stamped the images from the Clucky Chickens Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I also deepened the ground around the images with Copic E50 and E51.
I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!